An educational Workbook has been produced specially for Domiciliary Care settings developed collaboratively by Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust and Public Health Wales.
This 76 page A4 Workbook is designed for all staff who should receive their own personal copy to work through at their own pace.
The Workbook provides:
- Evidence-based information
- 18 topics including the 10 Standard infection control precautions, Specimen collection, Urinary catheter care, UTI prevention, Clostridioides difficile, MRGNB, MRSA, Respiratory illnesses, Viral gastroenteritis/Norovirus
- Each topic includes a ‘Test your knowledge’ section
- When 100% competency has been achieved, Managers/Supervisors sign the ‘Certificate of completion’ at the end of the Workbook, providing evidence for inspection
- The Workbook is kept by the member of staff as part of their portfolio of evidence of learning and can be used as a reference guide for day-to-day working
If your organisation is interested in ordering copies of the next Care Home or Domiciliary Care edition, please contact the HARP team at [email protected] or via [email protected] stating how many copies you would be interested in purchasing.
Updated: 01/08/2023Wales Order Form