We are a dynamic and innovative NHS Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Team with vast experience of working with staff in the Health and Social Care sector. We can support your organisation to ensure compliance with the Health and Social Care 2008 and CQC registration requirements.
Our aim is to promote evidence based practice, reduce the risk of healthcare associated infection and hospital admissions.
We have produced a range of award winning IPC resources.
What we do
We are commissioned to provide an IPC service in North Yorkshire covering GP and dental practices, care homes, domiciliary care, local authorities, etc.
- IPC advice relating to the care and treatment of individual service users during office hours.
- IPC advice relating to outbreak prevention and management.
- IPC policies, guidance and audit tools.
- Preventing Infection Workbooks and further resources.
- Provision of IPC education/training sessions.
- Support in compliance with Care Quality Commission and Department of Health directives/guidance.
For other geographic areas, all our IPC resources are available to help and support you with compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance and CQC registration requirements.
As we are not commissioned to provide an IPC service outside of North Yorkshire, we are unable to offer free of charge advice outside of this area. For IPC advice contact your local IPC or Public Health England team.
How we are funded
We are employed by Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust and are commissioned to provide IPC services in North Yorkshire covering Health and Social Care settings.
Consultancy and advice
Occasionally, we are able to offer consultancy and advice dependant on resources available within the Team.