The ‘IPC CQC inspection preparation Pack for General Practice’ was originally developed to help drive improvement in services in relation to Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and help prepare General Practices for visits they may receive from the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Use of the Pack will assist General Practice with the evidence required to demonstrate compliance with The Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance and CQC registration requirements. The Pack has been completely updated and is in line with NHS England and NHS Improvement’s new ‘National Standards of Healthcare Cleanliness 2021’ and the ‘Standard infection controls precautions’ (SICPs) and has some new Audit Tools for General Practice. For further information and to view the ‘Table of contents’, please visit 00 Contents sheet GP November 2021.
A selection of updated Audit Tools are also available to download directly from the website:
- Aseptic technique competency Assessment Record for General Practice
- Aseptic technique procedure Audit Tool for General Practice
- Hand hygiene Audit Tool for General Practice
- Personal protective equipment Audit Tool for General Practice (Putting on and removing PPE) (New)
- Safe management of care equipment Audit Tool for General Practice
- Safe management of the care environment Audit Tool for General Practice
If you would like to order a copy, please call us on 01423 557340.