The ‘IPC CQC inspection preparation Pack for Care Homes’ was originally developed to help drive improvement in services in relation to Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and help prepare Care Homes for visits they may receive from the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Use of the Pack will assist Care Homes with the evidence required to demonstrate compliance with The Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance and CQC registration requirements. The Pack has been completely updated and is in line with NHS England and NHS Improvement’s new ‘Standard infection controls precautions’ (SICPs) and has some new Audit Tools for Care Homes. For further information and to view the ‘Table of contents’, please visit 00 Contents sheet Care Home November 2020.
A selection of updated Audit Tools are also available to download directly from the website:
- Aseptic technique competency Assessment Record for Care Homes
- Aseptic technique procedure Audit Tool for Care Homes
- Commode and commode pan Audit Tool for Care Homes (New)
- Enteral tube feeding Audit Tool for Care Homes
- Hand hygiene Audit Tool for Care Homes
- Mattress and mattress cover Audit Tool for Care Homes
- Personal protective equipment Audit Tool for Care Homes (Putting on and removing PPE) (New)
- Pressure relieving cushion and cover Audit Tool for Care Homes
- Safe management of care equipment Audit Tool for Care Homes
- Safe management of the care environment Audit Tool for Care Homes
If you would like to order a copy, please call us on 01423 557340.