A new set of Community Infection Prevention and Control Policies for Care Home settings is now available. There has been a comprehensive review to ensure the policies reflect national IPC guidance. The most significant change is the inclusion of ‘Quick reference guides’ for many policies to facilitate timely access to key points.
The full suite of 30 Policies can be downloaded free of charge or alternatively a Policy folder is available to purchase by completing an order form or telephone 01423 553740.
There have been significant changes to the following Policies, but all Policies have been reviewed and updated.
- CH 02 Antimicrobial stewardship: New policy
- CH 03 Aseptic technique
- CH 09 Hand hygiene
- CH 11 Isolation
- CH 16 PPE
- CH 17 Respiratory and cough hygiene
- CH 18 Respiratory illnesses
- CH 19 Safe disposal of waste including sharps
- CH 20 Safe management of blood and body fluid spillages
- CH 21 Safe management of care equipment
- CH 22 Safe management of linen, including uniforms and workwear
- CH 23 Safe management of the care environment
- CH 24 Scabies
- CH 26 Specimen collection
- CH 27 SICPs and TBPs
- CH 30 Viral gastroenteritis/Norovirus
Updated: 17/05/2023H&SC Order Form