An educational Workbook has been produced specially for Care Home settings to help with CQC requirements and achieve compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance.
This 76 page A4 Workbook is designed for all staff levels of staff who should receive their own personal copy to work through at their own pace.
- Purchase: Available @ £2.99 when purchasing 21 or more copies. See order form for further details
The Workbook provides:
- Latest national guidance
- Evidence-based information
- 16 topics including the 7 Standard precautions, Environmental cleaning, Aseptic non-touch technique, Specimen collection, Preventing a UTI, Urinary catheter care, Viral gastroenteritis/Norovirus, Clostridium difficile, MRSA and MRGNB
- Each topic includes a ‘test your knowledge’ and ‘workbook activity’ section
- When 100% competency has been achieved, managers sign the ‘Certificate of completion’ at the end of the workbook, providing evidence for CQC compliance
- The workbook is kept by the member of staff as part of their portfolio of evidence of learning and can be used as a reference guide for day-to-day working.
The Workbook is a brilliant resource and staff are lucky you are there to support them. Completion of the Workbook would be an ideal way for Care Home owners to demonstrate staff training to the CQC.Elaine BiscoeNational Nursing Advisor, Care Quality Commission, London Head Office
I would like to say I have used the Preventing Infection Workbooks for both existing staff, as a refresher and for new starters. The booklets have received high praise from the individuals using them and they have been a great tool for provoking important discussions relating to hygiene standards.Mandy McCarthy-WardCare Home Training Manager, Ashmere, Derbyshire
There are now over 90,000 staff working in the health and social care sector who have been educated using the ‘Preventing Infections Workbooks’ including County Councils across the country such as North Yorkshire, York, Cumbria, Devon, Doncaster and Kirklees.
Full details available on the flyer and order form.
Sample pages: Workbook Care Homes 10th edition Sample pagesH&SC Order Form