A comprehensive innovative pack to assist General Practice with the evidence required to demonstrate CQC registration requirements and compliance with The Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance (The Code of Practice).
- Purchase: Available @ £59.99 (please see order form for multiple copy prices)
Produced by an experienced NHS Community Infection Prevention and Control team who work closely with CQC Inspectors undertaking joint inspections.
An extensive ring bound folder with 5 sections and over 30 documents, including:
- Information on key infection prevention and control documents from the Care Quality Commission, Department of Health and NPSA, e.g. National Specifications for Cleanliness, The Code of Practice.
- An in-depth tool to guide you through the complex process of ensuring you have the correct documented evidence and actions required to demonstrate infection prevention and control compliance against each of the 10 criterion of The Code of Practice.
- A range of essential IPC audit tools and competency assessment records, e.g. aseptic technique, decontamination of equipment, environmental cleanliness, hand hygiene. Also includes a comprehensive IPC audit tool for the environment.
- A supply of key posters, notices, flow charts and leaflets, e.g. hand hygiene, Bare Below the Elbows, Cleaning notice, National colour coding poster for cleaning materials, sharps/inoculation incident procedure. Please note, a list of the key posters included in the pack is available below on the Contents sheet Action column.
- Other infection prevention and control information, including the Inter-Healthcare Infection Control Transfer form.
CQC inspections are essential to ensure that organisations are compliant with the The Code of Practice and ensure that patients receive safe and effective care.
The most important outcome of effective infection prevention and control is:
Preventing healthcare-associated infection = Patient safety
Full details available on the flyer, contents sheet and order form.GP Order Form