Deep cleaning is a more enhanced programme of environmental cleaning, which compliments the routine daily cleaning in a care home. It includes the thorough cleaning of all surfaces, floors, soft furnishings and reuseable equipment either within the whole environment or in a particular area, e.g. resident’s room.
The guidance includes information on:
- Colour coding
- Equipment required for a deep clean
- Handling waste during COVID-19
- Procedure for a deep clean of a resident’s room
- A4 colour 4 page guidance
- Target: For use in Care Homes
- Purchase: Downloadable free of charge
If you are unable to see the COVID-19 Deep cleaning guidance for Care Homes, please select the ‘Coronovirus information’ in the yellow bar above.