Are you struggling with an outbreak of viral gastroenteritis?
- Purchase: Available @ £29.99 (please see order form for multiple copy prices)
The aim of this innovative pack is to supply you with all the resources required to effectively manage an outbreak of viral gastroenteritis in your care home and reduce the spread of infection to service users, visitors and staff. This brilliant pack also serves as an educational tool and will help demonstrate to the CQC that you have appropriate systems in place for the management of outbreaks.
An easy to use resource specifically designed by a highly experienced NHS Community Infection Prevention and Control team for care home staff, presented in a ring bound folder, with the following contents.
- Do you have an outbreak of viral gastroenteritis? (flow chart)
- Viral Gastroenteritis/Norovirus – Community Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Health and Social Care
- Outbreak guidance for Care Homes (poster)
- Viral Gastroenteritis Care Pathway
- Viral Gastroenteritis Factsheet – Information for Service Users and Visitors
- Communication Handover Checklist – Viral gastroenteritis
- Bristol Stool Form Scale (poster)
- Inter-Health and Social Care Infection Control Transfer (form)
- Viral Gastroenteritis Outbreak – Service user details (record form)
- Viral Gastroenteritis Outbreak – Staff details (record form)
- Fluid Intake/Output Stool Chart (with ‘The Bristol Stool Form Scale’ for reference purposes)
- Are you or have you been suffering from diarrhoea and/or vomiting in the last 48 hours? (poster)
- This facility is closed (poster)
- Stop – Please see the person in charge before entering this room (isolation poster)
- During an outbreak of viral gastroenteritis… (poster)
- Deep Cleaning Care Home Guidance
- Norovirus MOT – Outbreak checklist
- Beat the Bugs – Myth Buster
- National colour coding scheme for cleaning materials and equipment in care homes (poster)
- Hand Hygiene Technique for Staff (poster)
- Handwashing guide for Service Users (poster)
Full details available on the flyer and order form.
Download: Resource Flyer Outbreak Management PackH&SC Order Form