Preventing Infection Workbook: Guidance for staff providing Care at Home
SALE STARTS MONDAY 20/01/2020
An educational workbook has been produced specially for staff providing Care at Home (domiciliary care) to help with CQC registration requirements and achieve compliance with The Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance.
This innovative 68 page Workbook is A5 size, is suitable for a wide range of staff providing care at home to service users, such as domiciliary and rehabilitation teams who undertake personal care or assist with daily living activities. It is designed for all levels of staff and each member of staff should receive their own copy to be worked through at their own pace.
- Purchase: Available @ £2.99 when purchasing 21 or more copies. See order form for further details (50% off from Monday 20/01/2020)
The workbook provides:
- latest national guidance
- evidence-based information
- 16 topics including the 7 Standard precautions, Cleaning the environment, Personal health and hygiene, Specimen collection, Urinary catheter care, Viral gastroenteritis/Norovirus, Clostridium difficile, MRSA, MRGNB and CPE
- each topic includes a ‘test your knowledge’ section
- when 100% competency has been achieved, managers sign the ‘Certificate of Completion’ at the end of the Workbook, providing evidence for CQC registration requirements
- the Workbook should be kept by the member of staff as part of their portfolio of evidence of learning and can be used as a reference guide for day-to-day working.
The Workbooks are brilliant resources and staff are lucky you are there to support them. Completion of the workbook would be an ideal way for Domiciliary Care agencies and Care Home owners to demonstrate staff training to the CQC
Elaine Biscoe, National Nursing Advisor, Care Quality Commission
London Head Office
The Workbook is excellent and a good source of information for our Support Workers
Jane Caress, Access to Independence
There are now over 120,000 staff working in the health and social care sector who have been educated using the ‘Preventing Infections Workbooks’ including County Councils across the country such as Cumbria, Devon, Doncaster, Kirklees, North Yorkshire and York.
Full details available on the flyer and order form.
Updated: 09/07/19H&SC Order Form