A comprehensive innovative pack to assist you with the evidence required to demonstrate CQC registration requirements and compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
- Purchase: Available @ £69.99 (please see order form for multiple copy prices)
Produced by an experienced NHS Community Infection Prevention and Control team who work closely with CQC Inspectors undertaking joint care home inspections.
An extensive ring bound folder with 5 sections, a range of resources and supply of colour printed posters. It is designed to help you provide the evidence required to demonstrate compliance with the Health and Social Care Act and contains essential compliance resources:
- Information on the key infection prevention and control Care Quality Commission, Department of Health and NPSA documents, e.g., National Specifications for Cleanliness, The Health and Social Care Act 2008, Prevention and control of infection in care homes, Revised Healthcare Cleaning Manual.
- Evidence of Compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 Tool – contains all the IPC compliance criterion and gives examples of evidence.
- IPC audit tools for practice and assessment records, e.g., aseptic technique, decontamination of equipment, hand hygiene, mattresses and covers. Also includes a comprehensive IPC audit tool for the environment.
- A range of leaflets, posters and notices required covering hand hygiene, Bare Below the Elbows, Breach of Hygiene, National colour coding poster for cleaning materials, inoculation incident procedure, viral gastroenteritis flow chart, outbreak management.
- Other infection prevention and control information, including the Inter-Healthcare Infection Control Transfer form.
CQC inspections are essential to ensure that organisations are compliant with the Health and Social Care Act and ensure that service users receive safe and effective care.
The most important outcome of effective infection prevention and control is:
Preventing healthcare associated infection = Patient safety
Full details available on the flyer, contents sheet and order form.H&SC Order Form