Please note: this Pack is currently being updated to include information on the new ‘National Standards of Healthcare Cleanliness 2021’ published by NHS England and NHS Improvement.
A comprehensive innovative Pack to assist you with the evidence required to demonstrate CQC registration requirements and compliance with The Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance (The Code of Practice).
- Purchase: Available @ £79.99 (please see order form for multiple copy prices)
Produced by an experienced NHS Community Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Team who work closely with CQC Inspectors undertaking joint care home inspections.
An extensive ring bound folder with 5 sections containing a wealth of information and resources, together with a supply of colour printed posters. It is designed to help you provide the evidence required to demonstrate compliance with the The Code of Practice and contains essential compliance resources.
- Information on the key IPC documents from the Care Quality Commission, Department of Health and Social Care and NPSA, e.g. National Specifications for Cleanliness, The Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance, Prevention and control of infection in care homes, Revised Healthcare Cleaning Manual.
- An in-depth checklist to guide you through the complex process of ensuring you have the correct documented evidence and actions required to demonstrate IPC compliance against each of the 10 criterion of The Code of Practice.
- A range of essential IPC audit tools and competency assessment records, e.g. aseptic technique, commode and commode pan, enteral tube feeding, hand hygiene, mattress and mattress cover, personal protective equipment, pressure relieving cushion and cover, safe management of care equipment, safe management of the care environment. Also includes a comprehensive IPC audit tool of compliance.
- A supply of key posters, notices, flow charts and leaflets, e.g. hand hygiene, Bare Below the Elbows, Breach of Hygiene, National colour coding poster for cleaning materials, sharps/inoculation incident procedure, viral gastroenteritis, outbreak management.
- Other IPC information, including a cleaning notice, declaration of contamination status form, the Inter-Health and Social Care Infection Control Transfer Form, a job description addendum and a local contact number poster.
CQC inspections are essential to ensure that organisations are compliant with The Code of Practice and ensure that residents receive safe and effective care.
The most important outcome of effective infection prevention and control is:
Preventing healthcare associated infection = Patient safety
Full details available on the flyer and contents sheet below.
Updated: 10/12/2020H&SC Order Form